Friday, May 18, 2007

R is for Rabbi

At 3 o'clock this afternoon, I finished my first year of rabbinical school. In the lingo that means that I am now officially an "R" (after second year-- RA, after third year-- RAB, and so on until ordination.)

It is both terrifying and amazing to think that I have finished an entire year of rabbinic studies-- that I am a whole 20% of the way through this process. On one hand, I have learned a ton this year, and on the other hand, I am becoming ever more cognizant of how much there is to learn. Tonight, however, I will allow pride in myself to be my dominant emotion-- later I can indulge in feelings of inadequacy.

One of the mistakes I made in the hustle and bustle of this year was not committing enough of my thoughts and experiences to writing. I will try to use this blog to correct that error.

This summer should have some big blog-worthy experiences. Here are my plans:

Europe with Cousin (Ben) and Brother (Zak):
May 21-27 Munich, Germany with Ben
May 27--29 Vienna, Austria with Zak
May 30-June 2 Budapest, Hungary with Zak
June 3- 7 Prague, Czech Republic with Zak
June 8-10 Back to Vienna and then Home

June 10-18 Long Beach

June 18- July 25th-- Faculty at PANIM Summer JAM in Washington DC

Please check in with the blog-- I will try my best to update frequently through these adventures.

Much Love,
adam

1 comment:

Hanah said...

I'm flying into LB on the 17th. Any interest in hanging out that evening?

-Hanah